Fly fishing section of the Slovenian Fishing Association (Ribiska Zveza Slovenije) is announcing the 32nd annual Slovenian open fly tying Championship for the year 2019.
Tiers are allowed to participate in followed categories:
1. Dry Flies
2. Nymphs & Wet Flies
4. Realistic Flies
Conditions of participation are:
- Each fly tier is allowed to compete in each of the categories with one fly only, which must be sent in 2 samples. The chosen fly should not be a part of the tiers participation in any of his/ her previous tying competitions.
- Package with each sample should contain:
- Known or new name of the fly (in case of a new name, it should be original and short);
- Password to prove the fly's origin and to identify flytier;
- Description of used materials (Recipe);
- Size and type of the hook used;
- Name of the insect or other animal that is being imitated (if possible a photography as well! *This only applies to the category - Realistic Flies)
- 3. Jury will automatically reject all samples that will contain natural insect parts (such as wings, legs, etc) as a part of the fly!
4. In the accompanying letter tiers must write their names, mail and e-mail addresses, names of the flies and passwords. Letter should be in the enclosed envelope together with the fly. Copies of those letters must be kept by the authors until the end of the competition.
- Jury will consider the following criteria:
- Proportions of the fly,
- firmness and technical aspect of the tying,
- suitability of the chosen materials,
- general impression and
- in the 4th category »level of imitation« will be the most important criterion!
6. Jury holds the right to re-classify samples in different categories when appropriate!
7. Decision of the jury is final!